1. If overlays of the brake shoes which were in work burned down, it is necessary to replace coupling springs of blocks also.
2. Grease with a thin layer all basic and sliding surfaces on the expansion lock. As lubricant use high-temperature paste (for example, LIQUI MOLY LM-36, MOLYKOTE-PASTE-U or G-RAPID).
3. Disassemble the adjustment mechanism. Grease with high-temperature lubricant a carving of a press element (1), and also a cylindrical part of an adjusting gear wheel (2).
4. Screw press an element (1) in an adjusting gear wheel (2) and insert into the press plug (3). At the same time press screw an element completely.
5. Fix a cable of the drive of the parking brake with a finger on the expansion lock. After that press the expansion lock in the direction of a brake board. At installation you watch that the mobile element of the expansion lock showed up.
6. Insert the adjusting mechanism between both brake shoes so that press the element showed in the direction of the movement.
7. Connect the first coupling spring (4) to a brake shoe. Check correctness of connection.
8. Stretch brake shoes, insert them through a flange of a power shaft and connect to the expansion lock.
9. Insert a press spring (1) by means of the tool 040 MERCEDES-BENZ (3) or the screw-driver (2) through a carving opening into a brake shoe, squeeze it a little, turn on 90 ° and connect to a locking ring. Check correctness of connection of a spring. The hook of a press spring has to be recorded from the inside of a brake board.
10. Connect a press spring to the second brake shoe.
11. Depending on execution the second coupling spring has hooks, various in size, on the ends. Connect the second coupling spring to the expansion lock a small hook for the top brake shoe. The screw-driver connect a big hook (the shooter on an illustration) to the lower brake shoe.
12. Establish a back brake disk, address appropriate section.
13. Establish a back support, address appropriate section.
14. Establish into place back wheels so that the marks put at removal coincided. Previously grease with a thin layer of bearing lubricant the aligning wheel disk belt on a nave. Do not grease bolts of fastening of wheels. Replace rusty bolts. Wrap bolts. Lower the car on wheels and tighten bolts cross-wise the moment of 110 Nanometers.
15. Adjust the parking brake, address the Section of Check of the brake system. Adjustment of the parking brake.
Several times, strongly press a brake pedal until notable resistance is felt. Thus, brake shoes adjoin to a disk and hold the working position.
16. Check the level of brake fluid in the tank, if necessary add liquid to the mark MAX.
Carry out reliability control:
· Whether brake hoses are fixed?
· Whether the brake hose is fixed in the holder?
· Whether unions for removal of air are tightened?
· Whether enough brake fluid is filled in?
· On the working engine check tightness. For this purpose press a brake pedal by effort of 200 - 300 N (20 – 30 kg) during 10 pages. The pedal should not weaken. Check all accessions for tightness.