W203 since 2000 of release
Repair and operation of the car
+ Mercedes-Benz cars of class C (W-203)
+ Operation manual
+ Routine maintenance
+ Cooling system and heating
+ Power supply system and release
- Engine electric equipment
+ System of ignition and engine management
+ System of preheat of the diesel engine
+ Diagnostics of systems of electronic control and diagnostic equipment
- Systems of a charge and start
The rechargeable battery - the main data and acquisition of the new battery
Check and charging of the rechargeable battery
Replacement of the rechargeable battery
Storage of the rechargeable battery
System of charging - general information and security measures
Check of system of charging
Removal and installation of the generator
Removal and installation of the regulator of tension. Replacement of brushes
System of start of the engine - the general information and precautionary measures
Removal and installation of a starter
Removal and installation of the traction relay of a starter
Check of system of start of the engine
+ Manual transmission
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Check and charging of the rechargeable batteryThe low-served rechargeable battery
Unattended rechargeable battery
Rechargeable batteries of all types
Check of fastening of plugs of the rechargeable battery and holder
Check of the rechargeable battery under loading
The sequence of actions given below can differ from recommended by the producer of the accumulator installed on the car. In this case use recommendations of the producer.
The ordinary and low-served rechargeable battery
Charging of the unattended battery
Remarks on security measures:
Before a charge of the rechargeable battery study remarks on the security measures given in the Section Check of a State, adjustment and replacement of brushes of screen wipers:
· Do not switch-off the rechargeable battery at the working engine.
· Never close the battery накоротко, i.e. do not connect positive (+) and negative poles (-). At the same time the battery is warmed and can burst.
· Do not use an open flame near the battery. Electrolyte is poisonous. Do not allow its hit in eyes, on skin and on clothes. Otherwise plentifully wash out electrolyte water.
· At the battery with the central gas outlet, at a charge, do not turn out a stopper (crosswise vents).
· Before charging of the frozen battery let's it be defrozen. The charged battery freezes at a temperature about 65 °C, the semi-charged battery at a temperature about 30 °C and discharged at a temperature about 12 °C. After defrosting check the battery for existence of cracks. If necessary replace.
· At a battery charge the normal charger or the device with the accelerated charging remove the battery. At least, disconnect a negative and positive cable (+).
· At use of the portable charger (small current) charging can be carried out without removal of the battery. The cable to onboard network is not required to be disconnected at the same time. It is necessary to consider data of the manufacturer of the battery, naturally.
Charging of strongly discharged and sulfatirovanny rechargeable battery
The rechargeable battery, long time which was not used (for example, at the long parking of the car), is discharged and sulfatirutsya over time.
If tension of idling of the battery lies lower than 11.6 In, then the battery is considered strongly discharged. Check rest tension, at the same time address the subsection "Check of the Rechargeable Battery".
At strongly discharged battery electrolyte consists almost of one water.
Strongly discharged battery sulfatirutsya, i.e. on a surface of electrodes large slightly soluble crystals of sulphurous lead are formed. Electrolyte at the same time loses transparency and gets weak white coloring.
If strongly discharged battery is charged directly after the category, sulphation happens again. Otherwise plates of the battery continue to harden, and the possibility of a charge of the battery for a long time remains limited.
Strongly discharged and sulfatirovanny battery has to be charged with the lowered current about 5%, i.e. at, for example, capacity of the battery 60 of Ach force of charging current has to make 3 A.
Tension of a charge has to make no more than 14.4 Century.
Bystry charging / help at start
Charge with the device for a bystry charge the battery only for ensuring start of the car. At the same time force of charging current makes 20% and more from battery capacity. At the same time the battery is damaged since is affected by big currents. Time not used and strongly discharged battery is long it is not necessary to load with the device for a bystry charge since it leads to sulphation.